Dantrium (Dantrolene) and products for Dantrium administration to treat malignant hyperthermia.
Per the Malignant Hyperthermia Association of the United States (MHAUS), the proper preparation for malignant hyperthermia includes stocking:
- Dantrolene 36 vials of Dantrolene (6 boxes of 6 vials)
- Sterile Water 22 100 ml vials of sterile water (sufficient to mix 60 ml of sterile water into each vial of malignant hyperthermia
- Sodium bicarbonate (8.4%) – 50 ml x 5
- Dextrose 50% – 50 ml vials x 2
- Calcium chloride (10%) – 10 ml vial x 2
- Regular insulin – 100 units/ml x 1 (refrigerated)
- Lidocaine* for injection (2%) – 100 mg/5 ml or 100 mg/10 ml in preloaded syringes (3). Amiodarone is also acceptable. ACLS protocols, as prescribed by the AHA, would be followed when treating all cardiac derangements caused by MH.
- Refrigerated cold saline solution – A minimum of 3,000 ml for IV cooling"